Time changes all.
Even us rebels.
There was a time when I had more fire in my belly. I'd fight the power, the system, the Man, or whatever else people were railing against. I was a rebel. A warrior against the status quo. It didn't matter what we were fighting for, as long as we were fighting against an established paradigm.
Now that I'm a little older, a little wiser, and a little more liable to lawsuits due to acquiring some property of my own, I've mellowed a little bit. I'll still rebel, sure, but I'm more likely to do so with a particularly stinging verbal barb while sipping on a 2009 Rebels of the Vine Blend. It's a little more relaxed, but still just as dynamic.
You haven't seen rebellion until you've read one of my blog posts on government policy.
- Varietal: 51% Cabernet Sauvignon, 42% Merlot, 7% Sangiovese
- Appellation: Walla Walla Valley
- Vineyards: Birch Creek, Pepper Bridge, Les Collines and Seven Hills
- Barrel Aging: 18 months in 16% new Hungarian, French and American barrels
- Cases Produced: 100 Cases
- Alcohol: 13.8%